Monday, January 8, 2007

New Year's Tribute



Let me start the new year with a tribute to tis couple who are the reason why I am living and breathing on this earth. My mom and my dad is a funny combination of beauty and not so handsomelah, outspoken and almost a mute, extrovert and introvet. Mom, a beauty, was what every men would fight for. Her maiden beauty of a Malay and Chinese blood made her a much sought after by most of my dad's male counterpart. One by one they came to ask for my mum's hand in marriage. It was like a bad recurring dream that knows no end. When mum liked grandpa detest. When Grandpa liked, mum hated. But all tis got to end. It was dat point that when grandpa decided to accept any men that came thereafter that my dad came to ask for her hand in marriage.

Dad was a shy lad who never new her mother as she passed away when he was still hunger for mother's milk. Due to sympathetic womenfolks in the island, he was nursed by a few of them. In the end, dad could not marry most of the ladies then. (adik-beradik susuan they say). He was a quiet and well-behaved person whom every mothers would love to have as their son.



Alas, a growing shy lad began developing feelings for the opposite sex and it was none other than my mum. While most men of his age were busy trying their luck to ask for my mom's hand in marriage, he just waited patiencely believing that he was the one who will be married to my mum. And true enough when he got the gut to ask for her hand in marriage, he succeeded and the rest is history.

No comments: